Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tropical flowers?

I'm choosing peach/orange, green, and blue for my wedding. I want to use a different type of flower for each color for m centerpieces. My wedding is also on the beach. Does anyone have any ideas for some tropical flowers I can use? Nothing tacky or huge. I like orchids and mini calla lillies but they don't come cheap. Ideas?

Tropical flowers?
I can think of alot of tropical flowers,but they may fall into the catagory of being to hugh and tacky,I've never looked at flowers in that way. When I think of the beach I see plumeria, lantana, oleander, bird of paradise, which is a big flower, but you can cut the stem to what ever size you need!This is a good flower to tie the peach/orange,green%26amp;blue colors together, I said lantana, but that isn't goo because the blooms come apart to easy. You need solid flowers to hold up to the heat[if you marry in the summer]. You need to go window shopping at a local florist or a farmers market that sell flowers in bulk. It is easier to decide what you want if you can visually see it and smell it, mabe you want flowers that smell good mabe someone may sensative to the sweet smell.


Hydrangea is a good flower for your blue flower.


Wish I could help you more. Have a wonderful beautiful marriage and remember : Always Keep Peace of Mind
Reply:I suggest you use Hibiscus flowers, especially the Rose of China or hibiscus rosa-sinensis. It is very tropical and it will surely add an exotic taste in your wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment