Saturday, May 22, 2010

What kind of scrubs or bushes to use for privacy?

I only have about a 3-5inch gap of dirt to use before my fence. My neigbor has his yard full of grass on the other side. I was wanting to plant something there that would grow enough to give privacy. Its ok if some grow on his side too. I want to plant it on my side though. I was wanting to plant them about 10 feet across. Hopefully something cheap! Maybe buy it bulk and baby size is ok as long as its a medium growth rate. Nothing with flowers cause I don't want bee's. Any ideas?

What kind of scrubs or bushes to use for privacy?
How about a Cedar grown as a hedge. Fairly medium growth rate. Also a Juniper would work great too. Both are hardy to almost all zones in N. America so I know they will grow wherever you live. I personally would go with a Cedar because it is not a thorny as a Juniper, but both would work excellent for what you want.
Reply:Don't plant anything, use the aluminum strips that's inserted into the pattern of the fence. It takes time to do, but there's no maintenance required. Depending on how high your fence is, this should give you a lot of privacy, also blocking his plants from growing through the fence.


No comments:

Post a Comment